Current Project Overview: Proterra Inc. Transportation Assembly Facility, Greenville, SC
- Job Creation – Estimated 1,300 jobs
- Facility being designed and constructed for Proterra LLC
- Construction of +/-240,000 SF Transportation Assembly Facility
- Facility to be located at Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) in Greenville, SC
- Proterra will manufacture and assemble its battery-powered transit bus at its new CU-ICAR facility
In September 2008, Carolina Center for Foreign Investment, LLC (CCFI) proudly received its official designation as a Regional Center for the entire state of South Carolina, from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS). In July 2009, additional USCIS approval expanded our center’s geographic territory to also cover North Carolina, making CCFI the first regional center to receive state-wide designation for two states.
CCFI is a South Carolina limited liability company, whose primary focus is job growth through sustainable LEED® Certified development opportunities across the Carolinas. CCFI successfully utilizes the EB-5 law to assist immigrants in their goal to earn permanent residency in the U.S. while also generating economic growth within the Regional Center. Please visit our website at www.CarolinaRegionalCenter.com.
CCFI is unique in its number of approved target industries. Unlike most regional centers that restrict investors to limited projects, CCFI has the ability to deploy immigrant investor capital into multiple high quality projects including:
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Manufacturing and Trade
- Automotive Research
- Mixed Use: Retail, Office, Hotel and Residential
More $500,000 Opportunities
- Statewide reach allows the regional center to offer investors more targeted employment areas (TEA).
- TEA projects require a reduced capital contribution of US $500,000
- CCFI works hand-in-hand with state organizations to continually identify TEA opportunities
View Larger Map